CLICK HERE for more information on the GALA and to register.
CLICK HERE for journal ad specs and deadline information
To register, print out the form, complete it, and scan it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chai Mitzvah by the Numbers!
Who has been the oldest Chai Mitzvah? The youngest? Read more about who, why, where are Chai Mitzvah participants.
Check Us Out in the News!
Chai Mitzvah's Executive Director Audrey Lichter writes about the boom generation for eJewish Philanthropy here.
And read our feature on popular parenting site Kveller, here!
Chai Mitzvah Collaborates!
Chai Mitzvah is taking a bold step in collaborating with other groups, agencies, organizations, institutions to make your Chai Mitzvah experience as meaningful as possible. Read about our partners here.
Chai Mitzvah is making an impact all over North America!
Chai Mitzvah host groups include:
Interested in Learning More About Bringing Chai Mitzvah to Your Community?
Contact Anita Silvert, Director of Community Outreach, at Anita@chaimitzvah.org.
From Nice to Effective: A Metric for Jewish Funders
Scott Shay, Chai Mitzvah Board President and author of "Getting Our Groove Back: How to Energize American Jewry" writes about effectively evaluating programs. Read his latest piece here.
"Introduction to Chai Mitzvah" Webinars!
The response to these has been very good, so we're offering more. Each month we'll offer a way for you to get to know about Chai Mitzvah, and see how easy it is to bring Chai Mitzvah to your community... and what an impact it will have! All webinars are at 1:00 PM CENTRAL TIME.
Thursday, July 1 (contains log in info)
To register for the JULY 1 WEBINAR, click here
About Chai Mitzvah
Chai Mitzvah is an adult Jewish engagement initiative, asking the question, "What do you want your adult Jewish life to look like?" and guides participants in answering that question through study, spirituality and social action.
Over 1500 people have asked that question, and Chai Mitzvah has been the vehicle for exploring the answers.
There are five steps to becoming a Chai Mitzvah, which include:
1. Attend a monthly group study session for 9 months, with a specially designed curriculum, provided by Chai Mitzvah.
2. Pick something you'd like to learn more about
3. Try or deepen a Jewish ritual or spiritual practice.
4. Engage in a social action project
5. Celebrate your achievement
Whenever a group of adults can come together, a Chai Mitzvah group can be formed!
Why Chai Mitzvah? Top Ten Reasons:
1. Appropriate for all “streams of Judaism”
2. Inexpensive and easy to implement
3. Be a part of a global phenomenon, joining Chai Mitzvah groups all over the world.
4. Encourages greater community involvement
5. Creates strong friendships among its participants
6. Provides a framework for participants to engage wtih the community.
7. Makes a lasting relationship between individuals and their Jewish community
8. Redefines adult Jewish learning beyond the classroom.
9. A warm environment that strives to meet each participant’s individualized goals
10. Easy to get started and fun to do!
Chai Mitzvah is a nondenominational 501(c)3 corporation.
...was a huge success. Thanks to all who sent in their stories. If you want to read each one, day by day, click here.
Mark and Teresa Migdal