Becoming a facilitator
What Does a Facilitator Need to Do?
- Get the dates on a calendar, and determine time and place
- Arrange for sessions’ leaders (this could be a rabbi, and educator or even one of the group's members)
- Gather the contact information for each participant and make sure they register through the Chai Mitzvah site (this is simply data gathering - no cost involved)
- Help plan the celebration at the end of the program!
- Encourage participants to choose their individual commitments
- Keep track of what they’ve chosen (note: you can share this function, involve others in the group to take this role)
- Act as a liaison to the Chai Mitzvah office with this information
- The Chai Mitzvah staff is ready to help you with any aspect your role as facilitator. Just ask!